As stated in the Join UBAFC tab, a number of current players failed to get into the club at the first attempt. If this is the case, the Intramural 11-a-side Football which takes place on the Downs weekly is a great way for individuals to play football regularly before retrialing for the club at the next available opportunity. Alternatively, if students are not prepared for the serious challenge of balancing university football with their studies, getting involved in the Intramural set-up allows players to play football in a more casual and relaxed environment.
Intramural 11-a-side football is the biggest league at the university with an incredibly enthusiastic community. 50 teams and over 500 players descend on the downs each Wednesday to play in one of the most entertaining sports leagues the University of Bristol has to offer.
How to take Part
There are 4 ways to play: through your halls, through your society, or with your mates OR if you don’t have a team, register your interest and we’ll find you one.
- You can register a team here. Applications for the 2019/20 season close on the 4th of October.
- If you want to play for a halls team the university have made teams for you already – get in touch with them here to find out your team’s unique code to sign up!
- If you don’t have a team you can register here and the Student Union will try to find you one.
- Games are played at 2:00-4:00 every Wednesday on the Durdham Downs (at the top of Whiteladies Road).
- There are 6 leagues of varying ability meaning there is a plenty of opportunities for you to play, regardless of your footballing ability.
- The season starts on the 16th of October and finish on the 18th of December for TB1. Matches will restart after the January exams.
- The cost of entry is £35 per player for the year.
- The Student Union are working hard to provide referees for the 2020/21 season, but traditionally games are self-officiated.